Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 November 2018

Quotes Nov 8

I am the subject of depression so fearful that I hope none of you ever get to such extremes of wretchedness as I go to. But I always get back again by this—I know that I trust Christ. I have no reliance but in him, and if he falls, I shall fall with him. But if he does not, I shall not.-- Charles Spurgeon

“A church full of love is a church well built up. I had rather see a church filled with love a thousand times, than filled with the best, the highest and most glorious gifts and parts that any men in this world may be made partakers of”.- John Owen

We come into the world crying, we go through it complaining, and we go out of it groaning!- William Tiptaft (1803-1864)

When I lack proper contentment, I have forgotten that God is God. We are now speaking about a practical test to judge if we are coveting against God. A quiet disposition and a heart giving thanks is the real test of the extent to which we love and trust God at that moment." ~ Francis Schaeffer, True Spirituality

I’m not so bothered by the stock market any more, but I’m quite concerned about treasure in Heaven. I do care about the ideals which underpin the republic and democracy. But I no longer look on with naïve innocence at republicans and democrats. I dream about the New Jerusalem more than ever – but I’ve ceased to lose sleep over what happens in Washington or London. - Joshua D Jones, https://www.sanitys-cove.com/2016/11/the-morning-after.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment