Search This Blog

Wednesday 21 November 2018

Quotes Nov 22

If all my senses were to contradict God, I would deny every one of them and sooner believe myself to be out of my right mind than believe that God could lie.-- Charles Spurgeon

"Europe is belatedly discovering how unbelievably stupid it was to import millions of people from cultures that despise Western values and which often promote hatred toward the people who have let them in."- Thomas Sowell@ThomasSowell

"Where’s his religion, I should like to know, when he goes flying in the face of the Bible like that? Threescore-and-ten’s the mark, and no man with a conscience, and a proper sense of what’s expected of him, has any business to live longer."- Charles Dickens Martin Chuzzlewit, chapter 11:

Unity in Christ through union with Christ is God’s gift to all believers and is a reality that the church is under obligation to display to the world every way it can.- J. I. Packer@DrJIPacker

In general, the art of government consists in taking
as much money as possible from one class of
citizens to give to the other.
     --Voltaire (1694-1778)
      _Philosophical Dictionary_ [1764], "Money"

No comments:

Post a Comment