Search This Blog

Monday 5 November 2018

Quotes Nov 5

The usual rule is that the more we really know, the more 
conscious we are of the littleness of our knowledge. 
     --C.H. Spurgeon (1834-1892) 
      _Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit_, Volume 23 [1877] 

You are what you do. 
     --Lois McMaster Bujold (1949-    ) 
      _Brothers In Arms_ [1989] 

Sometimes when I have said a humorous thing in 
preaching I have not asked you to excuse me, for 
if God has given me humour I mean to use it 
in his cause. . . . 
Many a man has been caught, and his ear arrested, and 
his attention won by a quaint remark.  If anyone can prove 
it is a wickedness, and not a natural faculty, I will abandon it; 
but it is a faculty of nature, and it ought to be consecrated 
and used for the cause of Christ. 
--C. H. Spurgeon (1834-1892) 
      _Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit_, Volume 20 [1874] 

I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country
away from them.  There were great numbers of
people who needed new land, and the Indians were
selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.
     --John Wayne (1907-1979)

Once they were a happy race.  Now they are made
miserable by the white people, who are never
contented but are always encroaching.
     --Tecumseh (1768-1813)
       (Chief of the Shawnees)

No comments:

Post a Comment