Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Riches

Remove far from me falsehood and lying;
give me neither poverty nor riches;
feed me with the food that is needful for me,- Proverbs 30:8

I like rich people. I like the way they live. I like the way I live
when I'm with them. - Uncle Max in The Sound of Music

The wretchedness of being rich is that you live with rich people. To
suppose, as we all suppose, that we could be rich and not behave as
the rich behave, is like supposing that we could drink all day and
stay sober. - Logan Pearsall Smith

Let me smile with the wise, and feed with the rich. - Samuel Johnson

Few rich men own their own property; the property owns them. - Robert Ingersoll, speech, New York, Oct. 29, 1896

Every man thinks God is on his side. The rich and powerful know he is. -Jean Anouilh, 1910 -- 1987, French playwright

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have
always objected to being governed at all. -G. K. Chesterton, 1874 -- 1936, A Miscellany of Men, 1912

The Lord does not think much of riches, and
therefore, he usually gives them to the
ungodly as men give bones to dogs. -Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834-1892) _Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit_, Volume 34 [1888]

No comments:

Post a Comment