Search This Blog

Thursday 25 August 2011

Conviction should actually grow throughout our Christian lives. In fact, one sign of spiritual growth is an increased awareness of our sinfulness.
~Jerry Bridges

I love God's symmetry of trouble and mercy. Troubles for every day (Matt. 6:34). Mercies for every morning (Lam. 3:23). - John Piper

All communications of supplies and relief, in the beginnings, increasings, actings of any grace whaterver from him, are by the Spirit, by whom he alone works in and upon believers. From him we have our mortification. He is exalted, and made a Prince and a Saviour , to give repentance unto us and for our repentance our mortification is no small portion. - John Owen

Let our hearts admit, "I am poor and weak. Satan is too subtle, too cunning, too powerful; he watches constantly for advantages over my soul. The world presses in upon me with all sorts of pressures, pleas, and pretences. My own corruption is violent, tumultuous, enticing, and entangling... Therefore, on God alone will I rely for my keeping. I will continually look to Him." - John Owen

"\For being once touched by the love of Christ, receiving therein an impression of secret ineffable virtue, they [believers] will ever be in motion, and restless, until they come unto him, and behold his glory.- John Owen, "The Glory of Christ," in Works, 1:286

No comments:

Post a Comment