Search This Blog

Friday 19 August 2011

Gossip involves saying behind a person's back what you would never say to his or her face. Flattery means saying to a person's face what you would never say behind his or her back.- R. Kent Hughes

"I know your mom is asking about evolution," he said. "It's a theory that's out there and it's got some gaps in it. In Texas, we teach creationism and evolution because I feel you're smart enough to figure out which one is right."--Rick Perry http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/08/18/perry-questioned-evolution-and-creationism-new-hampshire-says-texas-teaches-both#ixzz1VRPl5j9E

We took tea, by Boswell's desire; and I eat one bun, I
think, that I might not be seen to fast ostentatiously.
When I find that so much of my life has stolen unprofitably
away, and that I can descry by retrospection scarcely a few
single days properly and vigorously employed, why do I yet try
to resolve again? I try, because reformation is necessary and
despair is criminal. I try, in humble hope of the help of God.-Samuel Johnson (1709-1784), Prayers and Meditations,London: Verner, Hood, and Sharpe, 1806, Good Friday,April 14, 1775, p. 114-115

Dig the well before you are thirsty.- Chinese Proverb

Jesus did not come to explain away suffering or remove it. He came to fill it with His Presence.- Paul Claudel

No comments:

Post a Comment