Search This Blog

Sunday 21 August 2011

He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool - shun him.
He who knows not, and knows that he knows not, is a child - teach him.
He who knows, and knows not that he knows, is asleep - wake him.
He who knows, and knows that he knows, is a wise man - follow him.
- Old proverb, also attributed to Confucius

The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know.- 1 Corinthians 8:2

For we know in part .. but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.- 1Cor13
Maranatha!

He who tells it, knows it not, He who knows it, tells it not!- unk, and all too often true of Christians and the gospel.

If you always enjoy sermons, the minister is not
a good steward. He is not acting wisely who
deals out nothing but sweets. -Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834-1892)_Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit_, Volume 35 [1889]

No comments:

Post a Comment