Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 August 2011

In the midst of financial crisis, Pope Benedict made a statement that immediately hit the headlines. He said "with the collapse of big banks we see that money disappears, is nothing and all these things that appear real are in fact of secondary importance." He further warned against attempting to build one's life "only on things that are visible, such as success, career, money... The only solid reality is the word of God."- Acton Institute:

We assume then, that subject to the 1688/9 Bill of Rights, that a sword is a suitable weapon for Protestants viz: Subjects’ Arms.
That the Subjects which are Protestants may have Arms for their Defence suitable to their Conditions and as allowed by Law.- from a friend responding to me saying I had a sword to protect my household from intruders

The most difficult lie I ever contended with is this Life is a story about me.

Truth is never determined by looking at God's Word and asking, 'What does this mean to me?' Whenever I hear someone talk like that, I'm inclined to ask, 'What did the Bible mean before you existed? What does God mean by what He says?' Those are the proper questions to be asking.~John MacArthur

Such of the Moors as have long beards, display them with a mixture of pride and satisfaction, as denoting an Arab ancestry. Of this number was Ali himself; but among the generality of the people, the hair is short and bushy, and universally black. And here I may be permitted to observe, that if any one circumstance excited among them favourable thoughts towards my own person, it was my beard; which was now grown to an enormous length, and was always beheld with approbation or envy. I believe in my conscience, they thought it too good a beard for a Christian.- Mungo Park, Travels in the Interior Districts of Africa, 1799

No comments:

Post a Comment