Search This Blog

Friday 8 October 2010

Freedom has ceased to be a birthright; it has come to mean whatever we are still permitted to do. - Joseph Sobran

I'm against sin. I'll kick it as long as I've got a foot. I'll fight it as long as I've got a fist. I'll butt it as long as I've got a head. I'll bite it as long as I've got a tooth. And when I'm old, fistless, footless, and toothless, I'll gum it till I go home to glory and it goes home to perdition! -Billy Sunday (1862-1935)

Derrida was, in short, the mad axeman of Western philosophy. He tried to hack apart the very basis of our thought - language, reason and the attempt to tell big stories about how we became as we are. Johann Hari

When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe.-John Muir, 1838 - 1914

It is always interesting to see people in dead earnest, from whatever cause, and earthquakes make everybody earnest.-John Muir, 1838 - 1914

No comments:

Post a Comment