Search This Blog

Thursday 23 August 2018

Quotes Aug 24

I am going to him whom my soul has love, or rather, who has loved me with an everlasting love; which is the whole ground of my consolation. - John Owen dying 23 8 1685

The righteousness of God is the design love in action, it is how that love expresses itself in bringing effective help to man in his need. -  James Philip

The reason our hope you will never let us down is that God will never let us down. His love will never give us up -John Stott

 To have subjective feeling without the subjective anchor of the cross will deprive my assurance of any stability; for I will be at the mercy of my feelings. But to have the objective truth without the subjective ministry of the Spirit will leave the cross as a theoretical truth. We need the objective demonstration of God's love at the cross poured out into our hearts by the Spirit in the present. -Christopher Ash

For me the Conservative party ceased to be the Conservative party which I knew and to whose causes my political life had been devoted. It became and in comprehensible stranger to me. -  Enoch Powell, Daily Telegraph, 1 October 1976, quoted in Like the Roman, the life of Enoch Powell by Simon Heffer Page 701

No comments:

Post a Comment