Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 August 2018

Quotes 8 Aug

Dear God I cannot love Thee the way I want to. You are the slim crescent of a moon that I  see and my self is the earth's shadow that keeps me from seeing all the moon. What I am afraid of dear God, is that my self shadow will grow so large that it blocks the whole moon, and that I will judge myself by the shadow that is nothing. I do not know you God because I am in the way. - Flannery O'Connor, A prayer journal, 2013, p.3

This 9the full veil) is the uniform of medieval patriarchal tyranny. It victim-blames women for their beauty. Where this is enforced it symbolises violent mysogyny. I’m not advocating banning this monstrosity but I refuse to defend it. It deserves to be ridiculed. Not the women inside it.- Maajid - (Mājid) [maːʤɪd] ماجد

In our days when some politicians prostitute public
office or else ally themselves with evil forces,
they justify their wickedness on the ground that
"they did nothing against the law."
The only law for them becomes civil law, and
their individual interpretation of it; never do they
think of the moral law in their conscience, or
the Ten Commandments.
--Fulton John Sheen (1895-1979) _Way To Inner Peace_ [1955]

No comments:

Post a Comment