Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 August 2018

Quotes 15 Aug

"The doctrine of justification by faith only is absolutely essential. There has never been a revival but that this has always come back into great prominence."
Martyn Lloyd-Jones, Crucial Doctrine and Revival

What Paul says about Peter tells us more about Paul than about Peter.
     --Benedict Spinoza (1632-1677)
      (Quoted in Erich Fromm's
      _Psychoanalysis And Religion_ [1950], Chapter 3)

I learned his character at once from what he said
about others (a mode of judging which has never
misled me), and I made up my mind how to act.
     --Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834-1892)
      _Lectures To My Students_ [1860]

We learn more in our valley experiences than on our mountaintops.
     --Charles F. Stanley (1932-    )
      _Walking With God: Quotations From The Sermons Of
       Dr. Charles F. Stanley_ [2012], "Life Principle No. 29"

No comments:

Post a Comment