Search This Blog

Friday 3 August 2018

Quotes 4 Aug

Big Brother is watching you. --George Orwell [Eric Blair] (1903-1950) _Nineteen Eighty-Four_ [1949], Chapter 1, Section I

The three slogans of the party: War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength. --George Orwell [Eric Blair] (1903-1950)_Nineteen Eighty-Four_ [1949], Chapter 1, Section I

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever. --George Orwell [Eric Blair] (1903-1950) _Nineteen Eighty-Four_ [1949], Chapter 3, Section III

THE truth is that all feeble spirits naturally live in the future, because it is featureless; it is a soft job; you can make it what you like. The next age is blank, and I can paint it freshly with my favourite colour. It requires real courage to face the past, because the past is full of facts which cannot be got over; of men certainly wiser than we, and of things done which we could not do. I know I cannot write a poem as good as 'Lycidas.' But it is always easy to say that the particular sort of poetry I can write will be the poetry of the future.-- G K Chesterton, 'George Bernard Shaw.'

No comments:

Post a Comment