Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 August 2018

Quotes 28 Aug

It is not death therefore that is burdensome, but the fear of death. -  Ambrose (340-397)_De Bono Mortis_

“I do from my inmost soul detest slavery . . . and although I commune at the Lord’s table with men of all creeds, yet with a slave-holder I have no fellowship of any sort or kind. Whenever one has called upon me, I have considered it my duty to express my detestation of his wickedness, and I would as soon think of receiving a murderer into my church . . . as a man stealer” C H Spurgeon (Pike, The Life and Work of Charles Haddon Spurgeon, p. 331).

"Unless the Bible is without error, not only when it speaks of salvation matters, but also when it speaks of history and the cosmos, we have no foundation for answering questions concerning the existence of the universe and its form and the uniqueness of man. Nor do we have any moral absolutes, or certainty of salvation, and the next generation of Christians will have nothing on which to stand." ~Dr. Francis Schaeffer, APPENDIX B, The Church at the End of the Twentieth Century

Many avoid holiness to pursue happiness, not knowing that the two are one. The pursuit of happiness is a pursuit of holiness.- Desiring God @desiringGod

No comments:

Post a Comment