Search This Blog

Wednesday 29 May 2019

Quotes 31 May

As Sir Roy Welensky, the prime minister of the ill fated and short lived Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland, once described himself, he was,'half Polish, has Jewish, one hundred per cent British.' - Theodore Dalrymple, Our Culture What's Left of It, p.311

... the state was the means by which everyone seeks to live at everyone else's expense. - Frederic Bastiat quoted in Theodore Dalrymple, The Knife Went In, p216

I confess that I wouldn't want 'free-will' even if it were given to me! If my salvation were left to em I would be no match for all the dangers, difficulties and devils that I have to fight... my salvation is in God's hands and not my own.- Martin Luther, Grace Essentials, The Bondage of the Will, p 32

Arminianism is very close to the teaching of Rome about salvation, for both teach that God is unable to save a sinner without his co-operation! - Clifford Pond in Grace Essentials, The Bondage of the Will, p.82

No comments:

Post a Comment