Search This Blog

Monday 13 May 2019

Quotes May 14

..the fact that the whole Arab world, minus its oil, matters les to the rest of the world economically than the Nokia telephone company of Finland - Theodore Dalrymple, Our Culture What's Left of It, p.288

One is not superior merely because one sees the world in an odious light.
-- Chateaubriand

Ask the young.  They know everything.
     --Joseph Joubert (1754-1824)
      _The Notebooks of Joseph Joubert_ [1883]

I'm not young enough to know everything.
     --Sir James M. Barrie (1860-1937)
      _The Admirable Crichton_ [1903], Act I

Who are you to judge the life I live?  I am not
perfect and I don't have to be!  Before you start
pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean.
     --Bob Marley (1945-1981)

No comments:

Post a Comment