Search This Blog

Monday 8 October 2018

Quotes Oct 9

"O my friends, how thankful should we be for sleep."- Charles Spurgeon

The biggest hoax in the world for the last 150 years, has been the theory of evolution! - Martyn Lloyd-Jones

I think the church of England enters into the natural life purpose of the country - that she is associated in a great degree with the feelings, the traditions, as well as the history of England; and there in my opinion very many who do not formally belong to her company who would with deep regret witness her downfall. - W E Gladstone, speech,  August 1868

True freedom is where no restraint is known,
That Scripture, justice, and good sense disown;
Where only vice and injury are tied,
And all from shore to shore is free beside.
Expostulation by William Cowper

When I first left England, my hope ft the conversion of the season was very strong,but, among so many obstacles, it would entirely die away, unless a upheld of God... no earthly thing to depend upon, or earthly comfort, except food and raiment,. Well, I have God, and his word is sure. Though the superstitions of this heathen where a thousand times stronger than they are, and the example of the Europeans a thousand times worse; though I were deserted by all and persecuted by all, yet my faith, fixed on that sure Word, yet my faith would rise above all obstacles and overcome every trial. God's cause will triumph. -  - William Carey, letter, in John Legg,  The footsteps of God, p.263

No comments:

Post a Comment