Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 October 2018

Quotes Oct 18

 When you feed upon the word of God, the Spirit of God makes you like the Son of God for the glory of God.- Steven Lawson @DrStevenJLawson

If our Lord’s bearing our sin for us is not the gospel, I have no gospel to preach. Brethren, I have befooled you these thirty-five years if this is not the gospel. I am a lost man, if this is not the gospel, for I have no hope beneath the canopy of heaven, neither in time nor in eternity, save only in this belief—that Jesus Christ, in my place, bore both my punishment and sin.- Charles Spurgeon

The only difference between the kingdom today and the kingdom that we will know future is its visibility. Jesus is king right now. - R C Sproul, Everyone's theologian An introduction to systematic theology. p.153

All war is deception. - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

The law can only judge acts not feelings or thoughts. If the act is illegal anyway, to punish the offender's prejudices or feelings behind the commission of the crime is to punish emotions or thought. - Jules Gomes, Conservative Woman, quoted in  Patrick Sookhdeo, The death of Western Christianity, p.104

No comments:

Post a Comment