Search This Blog

Monday 1 October 2018

Quotes Oct 2

Christians are generally at their best, when they are in the furnace of affliction and being persecuted and tried. - Martyn Lloyd-Jones

I have pain, there is no arguing against sense; but I have peace, I have peace!.... Oh I thank him, I thank him! The Lord teach you to die!- Richard Baxter,on his deathbed, in John Legg,  The footsteps of God, p.210

I can plod. I can persevere in any definite pursuit. To this I owe everything . - William Carey in John Legg,  The footsteps of God p.258

It is very meet, right, and our bounden duty, that we should, at all times, and in all places, give thanks unto Thee, O Lord, Holy Father, Almighty everlasting God. - Eucharistic prayer, Book of common prayer, 1662

A tsunami of information and misinformation washes up on our digital shores every single minute of the day. People simply no longer now who or what to trust. - Patrick Sookhdeo, The death of Western Christianity, p.65

No comments:

Post a Comment