Search This Blog

Monday 22 October 2018

Quotes Oct 23

If you wish to know God, you must know his Word. If you wish to perceive his power, you must see how he works by his Word. If you wish to know his purpose before it comes to pass, you can only discover it by his Word.- Charles Spurgeon

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty" - T Jefferson

Come sweet Christ, let me find comfort, let me feel some taste, let me me feel some touch, let my heart prepared, touch my heart ... Let me have some feeling, some taste, some scent, some glimmering of thy glorious presence. - Michael  Sparke,  Crumbs of Comfort, in Alex Ryrie, Being Protestant in Reformation Britain, p45

Pray when the world is asleep, for as soon as it is awake, it will tcy and call on thee. - Dorothy Leigh, Mother's blessing, in Alex Ryrie, Being Protestant in Reformation Britain, p149

No comments:

Post a Comment