Search This Blog

Friday 8 March 2019

Quotes Mar 8

We should ask God to increase our hope when it is small, awaken it when it is dormant, confirm it when it is wavering, strengthen it when it is weak, and raise it up when it is overthrown.- John Calvin@JohnCalvinDaily

“This morning when I arose, I found my heart go after God in longing desires of conformity to him, and in secret prayer found myself sweetly quickened and drawn out in praises to God for all he had done to and for me, and for my inward trials and distresses of late.  My heart ascribed glory, glory, glory to the blessed God and bid welcome to all inward distress again, if God saw meet to exercise me with it.  Time appeared but an inch long, and eternity at hand; and I thought I could in patience and cheerfulness bear anything for the cause of God, for I saw that a moment would bring me to a world of peace and blessedness.  My soul by the strength of the Lord, rose far above this lower world, and all the vain amusements and frightful disappointments of it.”- David Brainerd, Diary, March 7, 1743

Sympathy is a debt we owe to sufferers. —William Secker

“Christ is concerned not merely to undo the damage done by Adam and restore the original, but to do something incomparably more wonderful. It is really a new order which he inaugurates, in which man attains a destiny not hitherto possible for him. The prodigal son is immeasurably better off on his return to his father’s house than he was before he left home.”- James Philip's 'The Power of God on Romans 5 v 12 to 21:

When someone inserts the adjective “social” before the noun “justice” it’s a sign they are talking about something else entirely.- David Haslam

No comments:

Post a Comment