Search This Blog

Tuesday 10 July 2018

Quotes 11 Jul

An old man once said, "For a long period I puzzled
myself about the difficulties of Scripture, until at
last I came to the resolution that reading the Bible
was like eating fish.
"When I find a difficulty I lay it aside, and call
it a bone.  Why should I choke on the bone when
there is so much nutritious meat for me?  Some day,
perhaps, I may find that even the bone may
afford me nourishment."
--Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834-1892)
      _Feathers For Arrows_

Dry wells senders to the fountain. - Samuel Rutherford letter 154

For those who have hidden fellowship with God, life is a continual feast. - De Graff, Promise and deliverance,  volume three, Page 53

"Lust is rehearsing for a play in which you shouldn't have a part." - Milton Jones

We pursue egotistical and carnal in this world with an itch not even advancing years can  wholly cancel, yet recognise with delight a spirit that is detached itself for this purpose, for what we most want we must despise anyway.- Malcolm Muggeridge, Something beautiful for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment