Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 January 2018

Quotes 18 Jan 18

Oh how sweet it would be to spend myself wholly for God, and in his cause, and to be freed from selfish motives in my labours.- David Brainerd@BrainerdQuotes

Marriage is the procreative, lifelong union of one man and one woman, as husband and wife, and is meant to signify the covenant love between Christ and his bride the church" -  Article 1 of the Nashville Statement @CBMWorg.

Patriotism is a conviction that a particular country is the best in the world because you were born in it. -George Bernard Shaw

'You illuminate the Scriptures so well...the great joy that I felt was that of being a simple congregant being taught...above me there is only God......Yes, above all things I do think of myself as just a simple Christian.... it's the values of Christian living that root me, guide me, define me.' HM Queen Elizabth to Billy Graham, 1954, in The Crown, episode six, season two

"As for me, I have braved the sneer of men because I feared the frown of my Lord"— C. H. Spurgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment