Search This Blog

Thursday 11 January 2018

Quotes 12 Jan 18

The current horror show in Syria is, at best, the beginning of another cycle of religious war. - Graeme Wood, The Way of Strangers, p245

"I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience.”- Ronald Reagan’s comment during a pre-election debate with Walter Mondale.  (At the time Mondale had been a senior U.S. senator for many years, and was well into middle age.)

The home is not a democracy. There is an order and authority structure. Children are required to honour and obey their parents, with fathers taking a lead in discipline and instruction. To embrace this brings fruit, but to ignore it brings ruin upon families and society.- Gavin Peacock @GPeacock

More things we worry about are things that won't even matter to us a few months from now.- Life Quotes‏ @liife_quote

So tell me what is the currently accepted scientific definition of reality?-  @johnmabey
I had no idea there was one. I didn't think science addressed such questions.- Peter Hitchens

No comments:

Post a Comment