Search This Blog

Tuesday 27 December 2011

Jesus, please teach me to appreciate what I have before time forces me to appreciate what I had.- Susan L. Lenzkes

We are… saplings here, but we shall be transported into our heavenly soil to grow in God’s light. Here our abilities are in blossom; there they shall burst forth with fruits of greater beauty. Our death is but the passing from one degree of loving service to another; the difference is like that of the unborn child and the one who has entered into the experiences of a new life. Our love for God will continue, but awakened with new purity and purposefulness.- Erwin Lutzer, One Minute After You Die by Erwin Lutzer, Moody Publishers, 1997, p. 67.

The way to worry about nothing is to pray about everything.-Unknown

We desire that the Scripture may speake like it selfe, as
in the language of Canaan, that it may bee understood even of
the very vulgar.Many other things we might give thee warning of (gentle
Reader) if we had not exceeded the measure of a Preface
alreadie. It remaineth, that we commend thee to God, and to the
Spirit of his grace, which is able to build further then we can
aske or thinke. He removeth the scales from our eyes, the vaile
from our hearts, opening our wits that we may understand his
word, enlarging our hearts, yea correcting our affections, that
we may love it above gold and silver, yea that we may love it
to the end.- Miles Smith (1554-1624), in the preface to The Authorised Version of the English Bible [1611],Cambridge: The University Press, 1909, p. 29

O Lord, I live here as a fish in a vessel of water only enough to keep me alive, but in heaven I shall swim in the ocean. Here I have a little air in me to keep me breathing, but there I shall have sweet and fresh gales. Here I have a beam of sun to lighten my darkness, a warm ray to keep me from freezing; yonder I shall live in light and warmth forever.- Unknown Puritan

No comments:

Post a Comment