Search This Blog

Saturday 29 October 2011

They say to me “Return!” But from the arms of God to whom can I return? … It is now 45 years that I am walking with the God of miracles, and his kindness upon me is like a shadow … Therefore I am not only satisfied to be in prison for the honour of His Holy Name, but am ready to give my life for the sake of Jesus my Lord and enter His kingdom sooner. —Mehdi Dibaj, martyr in Iran. He was a pastor who was jailed by the regime, although he was released & then killed by persons unknown

It is only by believing in God that we can ever criticise the Government. Once abolish God, and the Government becomes God3 . . . Wherever the people do not believe in something beyond the world, they will worship the world. But, above all, they will worship the strongest thing in the world.-G. K. Chesterton, Christendom in Dublin (New York: Sheed & Ward, 1932).

When we grow careless of keeping our souls, then God recovers our taste of good things again by sharp crosses. ~Richard Sibbes

Is it not wonderful news to believe that salvation lies outside ourselves? Martin Luther

For me, constituency and country must come before the baubles of ministerial office. I will keep that faith with my constituents and with a heavy heart, I will vote for the motion and I will take the consequences.- Stewart Jackson MP voting for an EU referendum and so losing his government post. We used to sit next to one another on our local council.

No comments:

Post a Comment