Search This Blog

Friday 30 September 2011

To make converts, we are tempted to play down the difficulties and play up the peace of mind and worldly success enjoyed by those who accept Christ. We will never be completely honest with our hearers until we tell them the blunt truth that, as members of a race of moral rebels, they are in a serious jam, and one they will not get out of easily. If they refuse to repent and believe on Christ, they will most surely perish. If they do turn to Him, the same enemies that crucified Him will try to crucify them. - A.W. Tozer

A single grateful thought raised to heaven is the most perfect prayer. - Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

It is a part of my daily habit to look back to my slavery in Africa, and to retrace the path by which the Lord has led me, for about forty-seven years, since He called me from infidelity and madness!My astonishing unsought deliverance from the hopeless wickedness and misery into which I had plunged myself, taken in connection with what He has done for me since--make me say, with peculiar emphasis, "Oh to grace how great a debtor, daily I'm constrained to be!" - Letters of John Newton

The hand of Christ is strong enough to uphold the heavens and gentle enough to wipe away our tears.- William Barclay (1907-1978), The Revelation of John, v.I, Philadelphia: Westminster Press, 1961, reprint, Saint Andrew Press, 1965, p. 63

A woman, especially if she has the misfortune of knowing anything, should conceal it as well as she can.- Jane Austen, 1775 - 1817

No comments:

Post a Comment