Search This Blog

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Dear Lord, so far today I am doing alright; I have not lost my temper, been greedy, grumpy, nasty or selfish. I have not whined, gossiped or eaten any chocolate....However, I'm going to get out of bed soon and will need a lot more help! Amen

It belongs to the church of God to receive blows rather than to inflict them, but she is an anvil that has worn out many hammers. ~Theodore Beza

How many Zen masters -- does it take to screw in a light bulb?
None. Zen masters carry their own light....

I was going to change my shirt, but I changed my mind instead.- Winnie the Pooh

Q: What do Winnie the Pooh and John the Baptist have in common?
A: The same middle name.
... and a taste for honey.

A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise.
-- Pooh's Little Instruction Book, inspired by A. A. Milne...

`Pathetic,'' he said. ``That's what it is.
Pathetic.'' - Milne, A. A. (1882-1956) * _Winnie-the Pooh_ (1926) ch. 6...

No comments:

Post a Comment