Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 April 2019

Quotes May 1

Moral relativism can easily be a trick of an egotistical mind to silence the voice of conscience -  Theodore Dalrymple, 'The Uses of Metaphysical Skepticism', in: In Praise of Prejudice. The Necessity of Preconceived Ideas, p. 6 (chapter 2).

Hell is the highest reward that the devil can offer you for being a servant of his. --Billy Sunday (1862-1935)

If I wish to fly from Portland to North Carolina I can get there a number of ways.  I can fly through
Denver, Minneapolis, Chicago, Detroit, Salt Lake City, Dallas, or Atlanta. But if I want to arrive in Heaven, I cannot go through Buddha, Mohammed, or Moses.  I can only go through Jesus. -- Randy Alcorn (1954-    )

I was always a devourer of books that came in my way, ... My reading also was very miscellaneous ... In divinity, and for unction, illustration, excitement, and effect, I have much preferred the old authors to most of the moderns.- William Jay, Bath

No comments:

Post a Comment