Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 April 2019

Quotes 16 Apr

Humility can be sought but never celebrated.  --David C. Egner  _Our Daily Bread_ [November 3, 1998], "Candidates For Humility"  https://odb.org/1998/11/03/candidates-for-humility/

The Word that produced order from Chaos sacrifices everything, even itself to God. That single sentence, wise beyond comprehension, sums up Christianity, - Jordan B Peterson, 12 Rules for Life,p  (surely Himself not itself- GJW)

"It's obviously a decision that's in the process right now but I believe in a God that's in control of all things. Whatever His will is, whether that's to continue playing or not, I'm more than happy to do what He wants me to do. First and foremost, I live for God now. Whatever He wants me to do, I believe His plans for me are better than whatever I can think. If that's not to continue on playing, so be it. In saying that, obviously I love playing footy and if it goes down that path I'll definitely miss it. But my faith in Jesus Christ is what comes first."- Israel Folau

We are not heirs by nature, but by adoption because it pleased God to take us for His children...are we heirs? Then we are saved.—John Calvin



No comments:

Post a Comment