Search This Blog

Saturday 8 December 2018

Quotes Dec 8

An older Christian in my life had more peace than me about a hard situation today.
I said, “You have more faith than me.”
He responded, “No, I have more experience with a faithful God.” - howertonjosh@howertonjosh

“My life is dominated by the notion of God...I am a believer – in both God’s presence and His absence...In the end, with all respect, I haven’t the stomach for atheism...It feels like a dead end to me, unhelpful and bad for the business of writing.”
- Nick Cave on God.

When I behold Thy works on high,
The moon that rules the night,
And stars that well adorn the sky,
Those glorious worlds of light;
Lord, what is man, or all his race,
Who dwells so far below,
That Thou shouldst visit him with grace,
And love his nature so? -
Isaac Watts@Wondrous_Cross

The only person whose opinion counts, the creator God of the universe, looks at me and he finds me more valuable than all the jewels in the earth. How can we worry about being snubbed now? How can we care that much about what we look like in the mirror? -Timothy Keller@timkellernyc

“There is but one just use of power, and it is to serve people. Help us to remember it, Lord. Amen.” ~ George H.W. Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment