Search This Blog

Wednesday 26 December 2018

Quotes Dec 26

Merry Christmas. Christmas is built upon a beautiful and intentional paradox; that the birth of the homeless should be celebrated in every home.– G.K. Chesterton,

Then shall the many nations of Africa, Home now seem to be in a state but little above the beasts and in many respects much bellow them, revisit kid glorious light and delivered from all the darkness and shall become a civil, Christian, understanding and holding people. Then shall the vast continent of America, which now in great part is covered with barbarous ignorance and cruelty, be everywhere covered with glorious Gospel light and Christian love, and indeed instead of worshipping the devil as now they do, they shall serve God and praises shall be sung everywhere to the Lord Jesus Christ, the blessed saviour of the world. So we may expect it will be in that great and populous part of the world, the East Indies, which are now mostly inhabited by the worshippers of the devil.- Jonathan Edwards, The history of redemption (So are we now in his millennium?)

“Being on the moon had a profound spiritual impact upon my life. Before I entered space with the Apollo 15 mission in July of 1971, I was a lukewarm Christian, to say the least! I was even a silent Christian, but I feel the Lord sent me to the moon so I could return to the earth and share his Son, Jesus Christ. The entire space achievement is put in proper perspective when one realizes that God walking on the earth is more important than man walking on the moon. I believe that God walked on the earth 2,000 years ago in the person of Jesus Christ. I have totally yielded my life to the Lord’s service to tell people everywhere about the life-changing message of Christ.” Colonel Jim Irwin, Commander of the Apollo 15 mission and the 8th man to walk on the moon.

“I will not convert. I believe in my religion and Jesus Christ. And why should I be the one to convert and not you?” Asia Bibi boldly asks staring her executioners in the face.”... The only Western leaders to welcome persecuted Christians are so-called far right, racist, nationalist, white supremacist, anti-immigrant, anti-open border, populists like Italy’s Deputy Prime Minister Matteo Salvini, who has offered Asia Bibi asylum in Italy. - NO ROOM IN THE INN FOR ASIA BIBI THIS CHRISTMAS, Jules Gomes

No comments:

Post a Comment