Search This Blog

Thursday 13 December 2018

Quotes 14 Dec

Separate me from my wife and children, ruin my reputation, destroy my life and my family – the authorities are capable of doing all of these things. However, no one in this world can force me to renounce my faith; no one can make me change my life; and no one can raise me from the dead...   Jesus is the Christ, son of the eternal, living God. He died for sinners and rose to life for us. He is my king and the king of the whole earth yesterday, today, and forever. I am his servant, and I am imprisoned because of this. I will resist in meekness those who resist God, and I will joyfully violate all laws that violate God’s laws.  - Wang Yi, imprisoned in China 2018

In 1897 the first Zionist Congress was held in Basle... Herzl wrote in his diary: "if I were to sum up the Basel Congress in one word - which I shall not do openly - it would be this: at Basle I have founded the Jewish state. If I were to say this today, I would be met by universal laughter. In five years, perhaps, and certainly in 50 everyone will see it." On May 14 1948, over three months before the 50 years Herzl's prophecy had run their course, the Jewish state of Israel was proclaimed. - H L Ellison, The Christian Approach to the Jew, P. 30

There is a state of perfect peace with God to be attained under imperfect obedience.  –John Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment