Search This Blog

Monday 8 July 2019

Quotes Jul 9

... it seems to me, an atheist, obvious that nowadays it requires more courage, at least in intellectual circles, openly to await a religious faith than to deny the existence of God.  - Theodore Dalrymple, Litter, p.101

'I want atheism to be true and am made uneasy by the fact that some of the most intelligent and well-informed people I know are religious believers. It isn't just that I don't believe in God and, naturally, I hope that I'm right in my belief. It's that I hope there is no God! I don't want there to be a God; I don't want the universe to be like that.'- Thomas Nagel, The Last Word, Oxford University Press, 1997, P. 130

Unless God had raised you up for this very thing , you will be worn out by the opposition of men and devils, but if God be for you who can be against you. Go in the name of God and in the power of his might. - John Wesley to Wilberforce, February 1791.

No comments:

Post a Comment