Search This Blog

Tuesday 6 February 2018

Quotes 7 Feb 18

God has revealed himself to us in the Bible pervasively as King, not Queen, and as Father, not Mother. The second person of the Trinity is revealed as the eternal Son. The Father and the Son created man and woman in his image, and gave them together the name of the man, Adam (Genesis 5:2). God appoints all the priests in Israel to be men. The Son of God comes into the world as a man, not a woman. He chooses twelve men to be his apostles. The apostles tell the churches that all the overseers—the pastor/elders who teach and have authority (1 Timothy 2:12)—should be men; and that in the home, the head who bears special responsibility to lead, protect, and provide should be the husband (Ephesians 5:22–33). - John Piper, https://www.desiringgod.org/messages/the-frank-and-manly-mr-ryle-the-value-of-a-masculine-ministry

Though your health, happiness, and legs be anchored to the floor, let the news of God’s forgiveness bear you up on wings like eagles.- Desiring God‏@desiringGod

We are not given a good life or a bad life. We are given a life. It's up to us to make it good or bad.- Life Quotes‏ @liife_quote

Saying, “I won’t ever push a religion on my children” is a religious statement. It betrays that you are committed to indoctrinating your children with a definitive worldview.- Nick Batzig@Nick_Batzig

I will not be ashamed to
   confess that it is too high a mystery either for my mind to comprehend
   or my words to express; and to speak more plainly, I rather feel than
   understand it. The truth of God, therefore, in which I can safely rest,
   I here embrace without controversy. He declares that his flesh is the
   meat, his blood the drink, of my soul; I give my soul to him to be fed
   with such food. In his sacred Supper he bids me take, eat, and drink
   his body and blood under the symbols of bread and wine.- Institutes of Christian Religion, John Calvin, Book 4,ch 17,sect 32

No comments:

Post a Comment