Search This Blog

Friday 23 February 2018

Quotes 24 Feb 18

I think God has sent it [Parkinson's Disease] at
this age to show me that I'm totally dependent
on Him.
     --Billy Graham (1918-2018)
      _Midwest Today_ [January 1997]

  When I was a child,
I hid as a child,
I hoped as a child,
I prayed as a child.
When my government didn't protect me,
I put away childish things.
--Christopher Weyant
      (Political cartoon; February 21, 2018)

Official figures suggest crime is on a downward trend but officers say many victims have stopped reporting incidents while organised crime syndicates have been given a free rein.
“Only one in nine criminal groups can be tackled with the current people and resources,” the report given to the De Telegraaf newspaper says. “Detectives see that small criminals develop into wealthy entrepreneurs who establish themselves in the hospitality industry, housing market, middle class, travel agencies.”
The paper from the Dutch police union, based on interviews with 400 detectives, adds: “The Netherlands fulfils many characteristics of a narco-state. Detectives see a parallel economy emerge.”- The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment