Search This Blog

Thursday 5 October 2017

Quotes 6 Oct 17

I don't have to watch the evening news to see that the world is bad, I only have to look at myself. I am not browbeating myself here; I am only saying that true change, true life-giving, God-honoring change would have to start with the individual. I was the very problem I had been protesting. I wanted to make a sign that read "I AM THE PROBLEM!" -Donald Miller (1971-)_Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality_ [2003], Chapter 2

“The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests. ” ― Epictetus

Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.-Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)_Autobiography_ [1731-1759], Chapter 6

I believe that secular entertainment is one of the biggest tools that Satan uses to mislead people. He desensitizes us through it: murder, violence, sexual immorality, you name it.  Sin has slowly but surely become acceptable to us because we see it all the time so it's no longer shocking. -"Michelle Bain" (Jennifer O'Neill)(In the film _Time Changer_ [2002], written and directed by Rich Christiano) 01:02:00

"Every Christian should be both conservative and radical; conservative in preserving the faith and radical in applying it." ~ John Stott

No comments:

Post a Comment