Search This Blog

Thursday 19 October 2017

Quotes 20 Oct 17

God did not choose us because He foresaw we would come to Christ. Faith is the consequence of election, not the cause of it~Jonathan Edwards

The false Europe also boasts of an unprecedented commitment to equality. It claims to promote non-discrimination and the inclusion of all races, religions and identities. Here, genuine progress has been made, but a utopian detachment from reality has taken hold. Over the past generation, Europe has pursued a grand project of multiculturalism. To demand or even promote the assimilation of Muslim newcomers to our manners and mores, much less to our religion, has been thought a gross injustice. A commitment to equality, we have been told, demands that we abjure any hint that we believe our culture superior. Paradoxically, Europe’s multicultural enterprise, which denies the Christian roots of Europe, trades on the Christian ideal of universal charity in an exaggerated and unsustainable form. It requires from the European peoples a saintly degree of self-abnegation. We are to affirm the very colonization of our homelands and the demise of our culture as Europe’s great twenty-first century glory—a collective act of self-sacrifice for the sake of some new global community of peace and prosperity that is being born.itself as the forerunner of a universal community that is neither universal nor a community.- The Paris Statement, http://archbishopcranmer.com/paris-statement-true-false-europe/

The Church of Rome may represent a perversion of the Christian religion; but naturalistic liberalism is not Christianity at all.- J. Gresham Machen‏ @jg_machen

One of the marks of spiritual maturity is the quiet confidence that God is in control . . . without the need to understand why He does what He does. -Charles R. Swindoll (1934-    )(In Martin H. Manser's _The Westminster Collection of Christian Quotations_ [2001], "Maturity")

I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude . . . keeps me going or cripples my progress.  It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope.  When my attitudes are right, there's no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream to extreme, no challenge too great for me. -Charles R. Swindoll (1934-    ) _Strengthening Your Grip: Essentials In An Aimless World_ [1982], "On Attitudes"


No comments:

Post a Comment