Search This Blog

Sunday 10 July 2011

My life's but a weaving between my Lord & me,
I cannot choose the colours...
Oft times He weaveth sorrow
And I in foolish pride forget
He sees the upper but I the under side.
Not till the loom is silent & the shuttles cease to fly
Shall God unroll the canvas & explain the reason why
The dark threads are as needed in the Weaver's skillful hand
As threads of gold & silver in the pattern life has planned. -B M Franklin

In John 13 the point was that, if an individual Christian
does not show love toward other true Christians, the world has
a right to judge that he is not a Christian. Here Jesus is
stating something else which is much more cutting, much more
profound: We cannot expect the world to believe that the Father
sent the Son, that Jesus' claims are true, and that
Christianity is true, unless the world sees some reality of the
oneness of true Christians.-Francis A. Schaeffer (1912-1984), The Mark of the Christian, Inter-Varsity Press, 1976, p. 15

No comments:

Post a Comment