Search This Blog

Friday 29 July 2011

I always said I never wanted to write about love,
but then I went and did that anyway.
Amy Winehouse (1983-2011)

He had to go and join *that* stupid club! - Courtney Love, on Kurt Cobain dying at age 27, same as Amy Winehouse

In expository preaching the biblical text is neither a conventional introduction to a sermon on a largely different theme, nor a convenient peg on which to hang a ragbag of miscellaneous thoughts, but a master which dictates and controls what is said.” ~ John Stott

The Bible is clear here: I am to love my neighbor as myself, in the
manner needed, in a practical way, in the midst of the fallen world, at
my particular point of history. This is why I am not a pacifist.
Pacifism in this poor world in which we live -- this lost world --
means that we desert the people who need our greatest help.- Francis Schaeffer, 1984

I must hate Islam and love Muslims, hate unbelief and love agnostics, hate homosexuality and love gays. - ipse dixit

No comments:

Post a Comment