Search This Blog

Sunday 31 July 2011

It is still the first book which fits the child’s mind when he begins to learn religion, and the last to which the old man clings as he leaves the world.-J. C. Ryle the Bible,

I hate all bungling as I do sin, but particular ly bungling in
politics, which leads to the misery and ruin of many thousands and
millions of people." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

So if we are going to fight with an eye towards winning, we've got to have a postmillennial faith. Now you can go to heaven without it, but you'll do better in this world and in the world to come, if you stand in terms of the fact that we are to bring everything into captivity to Christ." ~ R. J. Rushdoony

"You don't like the Goths?"
"No! Not with the persecution we have to put up with!"
"Persecution?" Padway raised his eyebrows.
"Religious persecution. We won't stand for it forever."
"But I thought the Goths let everybody worship as they pleased."
"That's just it! We Orthodox are forced to stand around and watch
Arians and Monophysites and Nestorians and Jews going about their
business unmolested, as if they owned the country! If that isn't
persecution, I'd like to know what is!" - L. Sprague DeCamp (_Lest Darkness Fall_)

Someone should set up Cyberholics Anonymous: "My name is John. I'm 45
years old, sleep with an iPhone next to my bed and check emails upon
waking. I have sore thumbs from texting, and waste half the day
replying to useless emails. I've forgotten how to listen and have a
real conversation. I am now a manager of emails - not people." = Tony Featherstone, The lost art of listening, WA Today, 20 September 201

No comments:

Post a Comment