Search This Blog

Saturday 28 September 2019

HB Confucius 28 Sep 551 BC

An angry man is full of poison. -- Confucius

A man who has committed a mistake and doesn't correct it, is committing another mistake. Confucius

When a student asked of Confucius:"What do you say concerning the principle that injury should be recompensed by kindness?" The Master replied:"With what, then, will you recompense kindness? Recompense injury with justice and recompense kindness with kindness"
Act with kindness, but do not expect gratitude. --Confucius (551-479 BC)

The strength of a nation derives from the integrity of the home. Confucius

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. Confucius

To know what is right and not do it is the worst cowardice. --Confucius, _Analects_, c. 500BC

The greatest glory is not in never failing but in rising up every time we fall. - Confucius

No comments:

Post a Comment