Search This Blog

Tuesday 8 January 2019

IM Jim Elliot, Nate Saint, Roger Youderian, Ed McCully and Pete Fleming 8 Jan 1956

The man who will not act until he knows all will never act at all... Jim Elliot (1927-1956)

Rest in this-it is His business to lead, command, impel, send, call, or whatever you want to call it. It is your business to obey, follow, move, respond, or what have you... The sound of 'gentle stillness' after all the thunder and wind have passed will be the ultimate Word from God.- Jim Elliot

\Oh, the fullness, pleasure, sheer excitement of knowing God on Earth! I care not if I never raise my voice again for Him, if only I may love Him, please Him. Mayhap in mercy He shall give me a host of children that I may lead them through the vast star fields to explore His delicacies whose finger ends set them to burning. But if not, if only I may see Him, touch His garments, smile into His eyes -- ah then, not stars nor children shall matter, only Himself. Jim Elliot (1927-1956)

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.-- Jim Elliot

Unwillingness to accept God's "way of escape" from temptation frightens me what a rebel yet resides within. --Jim Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment