Search This Blog

Sunday 2 September 2018

Quotes 3 Sep

I still don't understand how someone's reproductive system can simultaneously be 0% not my business AND 100% my financial responsibility.- Charlie Kirk@charliekirk11

Guilt is shy of God's presence.—Thomas Manton

"I have worked with shipyard workers, mill workers, all kinds of people (as well as, when I was younger, personally working on farms, a huckster waggon, in factories, and so on), and I am convinced that these people often have the same questions as the intellectual; the only thing is that they do not articulate them, or if they do articulate them it is not in the same terminology. I know these people, and I am convinced that the things we are talking about can be talked about to almost anyone--all one has to do is to shift gears in language. Incidentally, that too is love."~ Francis Schaeffer, The Question of Apologetics, Appendx A to The God Who Is There

Are you a politician who says to himself: "I will
use my country for my own benefit? . . .
Or are you a devoted patriot, who whispers in the
ear of his inner self:  "I love to serve my country
as a faithful servant."
--Kahlil Gibran (1883-1931)_The New Frontier_ [1931]

No comments:

Post a Comment