Search This Blog

Tuesday 6 March 2018

Quotes 7 Mar 18

Fathers provoke not your children to wrath ....Develop a passion for fairness. It you overdo anything, make it that. - Robert Farrar Capon, Bed and Board, p 61

Civilizations die of suicide, not by murder. --Arnold J. Toynbee (1889-1975) _A Study Of History_ [1954]

As I wrote in my book The Crisis Behind Our Crisis, “We have replaced religion with (at best)
religionism, freedom with liberty, wisdom with cleverness, sentiment with sentimentality, justice
with legalism, art with pickled animals, music with amplified noise, statecraft with politicking,
love with sex, communication with sound bytes, self-confidence with effrontery, equality before God
with levelling, respect for others with political correctness – in short, everything real with
virtual caricatures.” And, I might have added, pleasure with drunken oblivion.
--Alexander Boot, Look what progress throws up.  http://www.alexanderboot.com/look-what-progress-throws-up/

I think in one of my previous lives I was a mighty king, because I like people to do what I say. --Jack Handey (1949-    )  _Deep Thoughts_ [1992]

Look back and smile on perils past. -Walter Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment