Search This Blog

Monday 12 March 2018

Quotes 13 Mar 18

A man can give his wife is little besides trouble. He makes a life of hard labour for he, prompts most of her available time by begetting children upon her, and then leaves he alone with the whole business for the greater part of every working day. - Robert Farrar Capon, Bed and Board, p 75

That the Lord God of all consolation Will now be my comfort, and, strength, buckler and sheild, and also of all my brethren that are in the same case and distress, that I and they all may despise all manner of threats and cruelty, and even the bitter burning fire and dreadful dart of death, and stick like true soldiers, to our dear and Loving captain Christ, our only redeemer and saviour - John Rogers before his execution, 1555, quoted in the Burning Time, p248,  Virginia Rounding

The doctrine of total depravity is simply another way of saying that there is no area of your life about which you can say “I don’t need Jesus for that.”- Sam Allberry @SamAllberry

There are two tenets of atheism: there is no God, and I hate him.—@douglaswils

King of Glory and Lord of Hosts, who ascended in triumph to the right hand of the Father, leave me not comfortless, but come to me in your Holy Spirit, who is the Spirit of Truth. ~ F.B. Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment