Search This Blog

Thursday 6 April 2017

Quotes 7 Apr

"If it be the duty of all men, when the Gospel comes, to believe unto salvation, then it is the duty of those who are entrusted with the Gospel to endeavour to make it known among all nations for the obedience of faith." ~ William Carey

"The love of the Father as the source of the atonement is the love from which the whole plan of salvation takes its origin." —John Murray

One of the penalties of being religious is to be mocked and ridiculed.  If our Lord submitted himself to the ribald humor of a degenerate Tetrarch, we may
be sure that we, his followers, will not escape. The more divine a religion is, the more the world will ridicule you, for the spirit of the world is the enemy of Christ. -Fulton John Sheen (1895-1979 _Characters Of The Passion_ [1946]

To make my point, substitute “slavery” over “abortion” in any pro-abortion sentiment. For example: Although I’m personally opposed to having an abortion, I don’t want to stop you from having one. Although I’m personally opposed to owning a slave, I don’t want to stop you from owning one. When I hear our young friend caterwaul about “my body,” I’m reminded about slave owners declaring their sovereignty over “their property.” Notice how “body” and “property” miss the essential entity that is central to the
debate? The individual at risk? --Fred Houstan, comment on
https://ricochet.com/418035/there-is-right-and-there-is-wron

No comments:

Post a Comment