Search This Blog

Friday 14 April 2017

Quotes 15 Apr 17

Plagues and death around me fly;
Till He bids, I cannot die!
Not a single shaft can hit,
Till the God of love sees fit!
(John Ryland)

‘I once talked to a Unitarian Universalist at the University of Toronto who stressed that the way to achieve harmony between different religions and belief systems was to avoid talking about things like fact, truth, and certainty. “If I ever find myself more than 60 per cent certain about anything,” he confessed, “I get very nervous.” I was too polite to ask: “Are you more than 60 per cent certain of that statement?”’ Andy Bannister

If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our dead bodies ~ Spurgeon

 The cross is the place where we find the freedom to accept ourselves without being proud, and to challenge ourselves without being crushed.- Tim Keller Wisdom‏ @DailyKeller

No comments:

Post a Comment