Search This Blog

Thursday 12 August 2010

I need the opportunity to free my mind of sorrow, personal concerns; to see my world through the mirrored reflection of holiness. I need a time of prayer to leap beyond what is limiting in me as a person, to rediscover what is important and what is trivial, to take counsel with what my tradition stresses as the living faith. I need prayer.- Albert Silverman

Nothing is small or great in God's sight; whatever He wills
becomes great to us, however seemingly trifling, and if once
the voice of conscience tells us that He requires anything of
us, we have no right to measure its importance.0Jean Nicolas Grou (1731-1803), The Hidden Life of the Soul, London: Rivingtons, 1870, p. 217

They tell me I rub the fur the wrong way. I don’t. Let the cat turn around!-Billy Sunday

There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main .. and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life.- Walter Elias Disney, 1901 - 1966

Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him. - Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment