Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 July 2017

Quotes 25 Jul 17

Our work matters as part of a bigger picture. JFK at NASA to a Janitor: "what's your job?" Reply: "I helped put a man on the moon by…”- Dave Bish‏ @davebish

I think that health is the greatest blessing that
God ever sends us, except sickness, which is far
better.  I would give anything to be perfectly
healthy, but if I had to go over my time again, I
could not get on without those sickbeds and those
bitter pains and those weary, sleepless nights.
Oh, the blessedness that comes to us through suffering! -Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834-1892)_Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit_, Volume 38 [1892]

To love anyone is nothing else than to wish that person good -  Thomas Aquinas (c. 1225-1274)

Guidance, like all God's acts of blessing under the
covenant of grace, is a sovereign act.  Not merely
does God will to guide us in the sense of showing us
his way, that we may tread it; he wills also to guide
us in the more fundamental sense of ensuring that,
whatever happens, whatever mistakes we may
make, we shall come safely home.
Slippings and strayings there will be, no doubt, but
the everlasting arms are beneath us; we shall be
caught, rescued, restored.  This is God's promise;
this is how good he is. -J.I. Packer (1926-    )_Knowing God_ [1973]

No comments:

Post a Comment